I was nominated for the Liebster Award thanks to Michelle from Dreaming Arcadia. Thanks Michelle! ♥♥♥
First, before we get into the nomination… My birthday was a nice time. I loved all my gifts. My sister bought me some interesting things. Mostly some trinkets and some funny gag gifts, but I loved them. However, the jacket you saw in my last post was something she bought me for my birthday. It is a REALLY nice jacket so I will be using it when it gets cold – not just for my cosplay, haha. One of the funny gifts she got me was a book called Men and Cats, apparently that is from a popular internet blog where they post pictures of hot men and cute cats in the same type of pose. It is really original and fun.
My mother got me a nice blanket, I never get tired of those. I’m a blanket whore. xD My grandparents gave me money and my Father and Step Mother gave me money along with a cake, haha. Yes, I got my cake on my birthday. A friend from work got me a snack from Hokkaido, Japan. They are very yummy cookies with white and regular chocolate in them. I went out of town to visit a German town in Texas with said friends, girlfriend. That was a nice time. It was the first time I went to Fredricksburg. Unfortunately, on my actual birthday I had to work but oh well.
Since I don’t actually have a new cosplay to show off on this post (lol that was a weird trend lately). I’m going to show you guys some of our ‘funny’ pictures. These are ones where we are either just being silly or the shot was taken at a bad time – haha. The fun parts of cosplay photo shoots.
On to the Nomination –
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.”
Once again, thanks Michelle for the nomination. ♥ Here are her questions-
1. When is the last time you truly noticed something in your life? Where you surprised? Thankful? Sad? Regretful?
This is a tough question, as a sickly person I tend to be thankful for the smallest of things. I was so thankful to get a doctor that finally took me serious, thankful for the family that always stood on my side and took care of me, thankful for the friends I meet online and offline. I love living despite all that I have to go through.
2. What books or t.v shows etc; truly resonated with you recently?
It’s funny but for some reason I really get addicted to stories that have to do with music and singing. The last series like that was Anonymous Noise. I admit, it is not the best ever and honestly, I like the manga way better – but the singing to keep going/living is something that really resonates with me. Just like the manga series Full moon wo Sagashite.
3. What breed of dog would you get if you could? Or would you like a cat, instead? Or another animal?
I love dogs, but I would most likely get a cat if I decide to get a pet again. Right now I’m not in the place to have a pet. Cats have a special place in my heart because of my best buddy who always kept me company when I was very ill. Not that a dog wouldn’t be great for that too. They are just more work for my tired self, haha.
4. What is the shortest time you spent away from the computer and your smartphone?
Shortest time? Maybe in the bathroom. Haha. If you meant the longest time then it is when I go camping. I try to enjoy nature and stay away from all computer stuff.
5. What’s the craze you went through in your adolescence? It could be a generational thing or a decade thing.
That would be making fan shrines online. Hahah. I loved making websites, and I still kind of do but for totally different things now. I was also really into the fandom world more and would write fanfiction. Outside of all that I was obsessed with singing and competing.
6. What is your raison d’être? Your reason to be?
My family. When I went through dark times and was wishing for death I knew that I could never let myself give up because of my sister, mother, and grandparents. They love me so very much and I them. I would hate to hurt them.
7. What’s the longest time you stayed up? Shortest time you slept?
All damn night, lol. I use to stay up until the sun came up and then go to bed. LOL The shortest time is around 1-2 hours.
8. What’s in name? What does your name mean to you? Do you like it?
Ash Tree Burn, um, nah my name doesn’t really mean anything to me. My last name, however, is interesting – Aguilar from Latin aquilare ‘haunt of eagles’ . I do like my last name but I have never been into my first name.
9. Is my doggo Marley, so adorable? Don’t you like Labradors?
Yes!! So adorable!! I wanna hug him. ♥
10. What is your biggest fear?
I would hate to be attacked, raped or kidnapped.
11. How do you feel about giant man eating spiders?
That sounds terrifying. 0_0 Should I change my biggest fear? LOL
What are the Liebster Award Rules?
By accepting this award, I am committing to the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you with a link back to his/her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate (and notify) other bloggers for the award that have fewer than 500 followers.
4. Create 11 questions (or less) for your nominees.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
6. Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
7. List these rules on your post.
Okay, here are my questions for the nominees. I apologies in advance how sucky they are. I’m not good at this.
- What is your favorite color and why?
- What is your dream job, one that you know you would never actually be able to do?
- Pick a song that you are obsessed with and tell us why you like it so much. It can be the lyrics or the beat or even the singer.
- Are you into fandoms, if so, what kind? (books, tv series, anime, manga, sports)
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with that extra time?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- How do you relax after a hard day or work?
- What’s one thing you have been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
- How different was your life one year ago?
- What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
- What was the best compliment you have ever received?
One last note before I end this blog entry. My heart goes out to all the people being effected by Hurricane Harvey. A lot of my family lives in Houston. I’m glad they are safe but they are having troubles because of all the flooding. My aunt and uncle house is damaged from the water, it was poorly constructed so the house has cracks all over it and it is falling apart. ):